HUNTINGTON, Ind. (WFFT) - A little after 5:00 p.m., Huntington police units and EMS arrived to the 200 block of Riverside Drive.
They found the victim, Brandon Lee Olivares, age 18, of Huntington, Indiana inside a trailer bleeding from a single gunshot wound to the chest Friday evening.
Efforts to save the victims life were unsuccessful.
Several individuals were in the residence at the time of the shooting.
All were interviewed to determine the chain of events.
An autopsy is scheduled for Sunday at the Northeast Indiana Forensic Center to determine the manner of death.
The investigation is still ongoing by the Huntington Police Department and Huntington County Coroner.
- Huntington shooting leaves one dead
- Huntington Police investigate shooting
- One dead in Huntington stabbing
- Teenager dead in Huntington County crash
- One person dead in Huntington house fire
- Shooting leaves one dead, two seriously hurt
- Police investigate officer-involved shooting in Huntington
- Parkview Huntington expanding
- Huntington North principal resigns
- Two dead, three hurt after crash in Huntington