FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- It's been eight years since Carlos Melgar-Perez went missing from South Bridge Apartments.
His family spoke out on Thursday, pleading with the community for help solving their case.
"I never thought, him coming here, this would happen to him," said Gustavo Melgar-Perez.
Emotions ran high for Gustavo as he told FOX 55 about his brother, who he hasn't seen since May 24th, 2010. Carlos was at a friend's apartment early that morning. After that, the trail goes cold.
Carlos came to the United States from Guatemala in 2005, followed by his twin brother, Arnulfo, in 2006, and Gustavo in 2007.
Rick Robles with the Fort Wayne Police Department has been working with the family to try and piece together what happened to Carlos.
"The family, from what I gather, is a very close family," Robles said.
Gustavo said he and Arnulfo went out that morning to look for Carlos.
"It was about 5:00 a.m. and I was out looking for him. I didn't really know where to look for him. We don't really know a lot around here. And I never saw him again," he said.
Police did find a shoe and phone that belonged to Carlos, and said his bank account was untouched.
"We suspect something has happened, but we just need that piece of information that can help us break this case," Robles said.
Gustavo and the rest of the family said they only want one thing.
"I just want to know what happened. Whether he's alive or dead. We just want to know," Gustavo said.
If you know anything about what happened to Carlos Melgar-Perez, you're urged to contact the Detective Bureau at 427-1201.
- Family of missing man still looking after eight years
- Fort Wayne family searches for missing woman
- Conservation Officers searching for missing Bloomington man
- Silver Alert ended for missing Bluffton man
- FWPD says missing 15 year old has been found safe
- Body of missing man, 26, found in Indiana's Lake Monroe
- Van Wert day of caring helps local families for 20th year
- Man charged with five-year-old's murder appears in court
- Fort Wayne man sentenced to 63 years for shooting neighbor
- Police searching for missing teen