Photo Gallery 1 Images
NEW HAVEN, Ind. (WFFT)- B.J Gilbert, his wife, and two sons make up Team Gilbert, but over the years they've gained other supporters to help them in their fight against muscular dystrophy.
"Our boys happen to have two shins muscular dystrophy. You see that word out there and a lot of people don't know what that is,"
Because they don't, he's created a fun way to educate and raise money to help his son's and other families dealing with the same thing. Hollie Guest helps out every year.
"It brings out everyone. There's something for everyone of all ages. We have bounce houses, we have basketball, and everything,"she said.
It's a carnival, but Gilbert calls it something else.
"This is our CUREnival. We call it our CUREnival because that's what we're trying to do. Cure these diseases that our boys got," Gilbert explained.
The third annual CUREival doesn't only benefit the Gilberts, but ultimately the money raised goes toward research and other medical needs for people affected by this.
"Each year we try to beat the next year. We've been hoping around that 85 to 95 range, so we definitely want to hit that $10,000 mark,” Gilbert added.
This is the third year they've done this bringing out people from all over Indiana to support the cause.
- Family holds fundraiser to help MDA
- Fort Wayne firefighters raise money for NE Indiana MDA
- Culver's holds Honor Flight fundraiser
- Metro Diner to hold fundraiser, soft opening
- Friends of motorcycle crash victims hold fundraiser
- Autism Society of Indiana holds fundraiser
- SCAN holds brown bag lunch fundraiser
- Florist holding fundraiser for Animal Care and Control
- Scoops Ice Cream in Angola holding Fundraiser on Friday
- Mike's Car Wash holds fundraiser for Ronald McDonald House Charities