FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The search continues for 25-year-old Kevin Nguyen.
It's been two weeks to the day since Nguyen went missing.
"We are very worried for Kevin's safety. He's 25 years old. The climates out right now, with the cold weather. He was not dressed to be out in these elements at this time of year," said Alena Rasnick, a family friend.
Kevin was last spotted on an Arby's surveillance camera downtown. Before that, he was kicked out of the Brass Rail for fighting. He used his credit card at a food truck. After that, the trail goes cold.
"He did call for a ride at 2:30 a.m. When mom got down there, he was not there. So, she continued to call his phone and nobody answered. And that's the last anyone has heard from Kevin," Rasnick said.
With blue bands around their arms to show who is in the search party, Rasnick said they won't stop looking in alleys, along rivers, and anywhere Kevin might've gone.
The search started at Lakeside Park because it would've been in Kevin's route if he decided to walk home that night.
"We're hoping that if he did walk home, that someone in this area did see something or possibly see him," Rasnick said.
Members of JAVA in Fort Wayne have worked with the family to search the city and hang flyers.
"The fears of not being able to find someone, someone who tried to come home that night and has been missing ever since; it's two weeks today. We just kind of look at it as one of our own," said Theresa Juillerat with JAVA.
Rasnick said Kevin's glasses were found, but police said earlier this week they have not found evidence suggesting foul play is connected to his disappearance.
"He does need his glasses on a daily basis so that's a little bit of a concern as well," Rasnick said.
Kevin is described as six feet tall, 160-180 pounds, with one black gauge earring. He was last seen wearing a blue jacket, tan skinny jeans, and black Vans.
If you know anything about Kevin's disappearance, you're asked to contact police at 260-427-1222.
- Family, friends gather to continue search for missing man
- Search Continues for Missing Teen Who Disappeared After Day With Friend on Jan. 13
- Fort Wayne family searches for missing woman
- Conservation Officers searching for missing Bloomington man
- Family and friends honor Meijer shooting victim
- Police searching for missing teen
- Missing teen found after search
- Family and supporters gather at April Tinsley's Garden for anniversary
- 'I'm not giving up hope.' Search for the missing continues in California wildfires
- Fremont police searching for missing teen