FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - On Friday, the community, family, and friends said their final goodbyes to Jabari Mbwelera.
They gathered at Abundant Love Church in Fort Wayne Friday morning.
Mbwelera's body was found in the Maumee River in Ohio in May.
His body was identified in August by family members.
Those who knew him said he will be missed.
His parents told everyone there that they will not stop fighting until justice is served for their son.
- Family and friends say their final goodbye to Jabari Mbwelera
- WATCH: Video shows Jabari Mbwelera moments before disappearance
- Saying goodbye to Elmhurst
- Locals say their final goodbye to Charly Butcher
- Netflix may have to say goodbye to 'The Office' and 'Friends'
- Family and friends honor Meijer shooting victim
- Family members, community gather to say goodbye to Officer David Tinsley
- Family, friends gather to continue search for missing man
- Goodbye tornado sirens? Allen County wants your thoughts
- Friends mourn motorcycle crash victim