FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Witnesses say two possible suspects fled the scene on foot and disappeared between two houses.
Teresa Bieber, who asked not to be shown opened her door to see what happened.
"There was a car flying down Bowser and then that's when the police came, and the body was on the ground,"she said.
It's the gunshots that got her out of bed.
"I was watching T.V, and I heard several gunshots, maybe like five of them," she added.
Whether there was more than one shooter is unknown at this time. This is where the public's help comes in.
"Some individuals saw one. Some possibly saw two,"Officer Michael Joyner said.
They are working with the second victim to connect the dots.
"If the two match, we know we're working with good information," Joyner added.
Police will now be going door to door passing out flyers with information on who to connect with.
They've knocked on doors in the past, but didn't pass out flyers before.
"They'll have the lead detective's phone number. They can call the detective directly and leave information. They'll have rime stoppers information and our website. You can leave information," Chief Garry Hamilton said.
There is also a number to the Gang Violence unit on the flyer.
Police hope the flyers and knocking on doors will help solve the case, providing that extra push for someone to come forward.
- FWPD trying different method to track down Bowser Ave. shooter
- Bowser Avenue shooting victims identified
- FWPD make drug arrests
- FWPD seeks person of interest
- FWPD officer involved in crash
- FWPD K9, Nemo, passes away
- One dead, one stable after Bowser Avenue shooting
- Lake Ave. closure delayed
- FWPD to construct new K-9 training facility
- FWPD officer recognized by neighborhood associations