FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — A man is dead after a shooting on Fort Wayne's southeast side.
According to court documents, the 19-year-old victim was shot in the 2800 block of Abbott Street.
Police say the victim was then driven to the Woodview Manor Apartment Complex area on Fort Wayne's northeast side.
Investigators say the victim was with a female at a location on Abbott Street when the shooting took place.
Then the male was put into a car and driven to another location on the city's northeast side.
Police say the victim was eventually on the way to a hospital, but the driver pulled over around the area of Lisa Court and Vance Avenue where police and medics tried to help the victim.
The victim was then taken to the hospital where he later died.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police (260) 436-7867.
Please, please, please offer up a prayer for my lil brother, who’s life was taken today. I’m at a loss for words, because this is a coach’s worst nightmare! Diquan, I love you so much and enjoyed every second together with you on and off the court! RIP to a legend! ���������� pic.twitter.com/T1WtblUMZz
— Zach Welklin (@zwelklin260) January 15, 2020
- 19-year-old dead after being shot on Abbott Street
- 19-year-old identified in fatal Abbott Street shooting
- One dead after Greene Street shooting
- 19-year-old dies after inhaling deodorant spray to get high
- Fort Wayne woman arrested in deadly shooting of 19-year-old
- Man found dead on S. Webster Street identified
- One dead, one seriously injured after shooting on Oxford Street
- One dead after early morning shooting on High Street
- One dead after shooting on South Barr Street
- 2 pets dead in Spring Street duplex fire