FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne Police were involved in a standoff early Monday morning.
The standoff took place at a home in the 3700 block of Chestnut Street, just off New Haven Avenue.
Police say they were called to the scene a little before 5:00 a.m. on a domestic disturbance call involving weapons.
Police made contact with a man and woman. The woman confirmed she was involved in a disturbance with the man who had a gun. The emergency response team was called because there were weapons involved.
The woman exited the home safely, but the suspect refused to exit the home after several attempts.
After 3 hours, police shot tear gas into the home, which brought the man outside of the home and he surrendered peacefully. No injuries were reported and the name of the suspect has not yet been released.
As of 8:40 a.m. Monday morning, the suspect was being investigated. We’ll provide more information once it becomes available.
- FWPD involved in Monday morning standoff
- FWPD officer involved in crash
- FWPD investigating early morning altercation
- Investigation continues into FWPD officer involved shooting
- Crash on Lima Road involves FWPD cruiser
- FWPD make drug arrests
- FWPD seeks person of interest
- FWPD K9, Nemo, passes away
- FWPD seek person of interest
- FWPD to construct new K-9 training facility