On Monday, May 21st, at approximately 11:34 PM, the Fort Wayne Police Department responded to the intersection of Paulding Road and Webster Street about gunshots being fired in the area. Officers found numerous shell casings lying in the middle of the street in the 5400 block of Webster Street. Officers also located a vehicle and home in the 5400 block of Webster Street that had apparent bullet holes.
At approximately 11:58 PM, the staff at St. Joseph Hospital contacted dispatch. They said a shooting victim just arrived at their emergency room. They reported a adult male victim was in critical condition. The victim was immediately transferred to another local hospital for medical treatment.
It appears the victim was driven to the hospital by a private vehicle to seek medical treatment. Detectives are currently going door to door speaking with residents in the neighborhood. Crime Scene Technicians are processing the scene and collecting evidence.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fort Wayne Police Department at (260) 427-1222 or Crime Stoppers at (260) 436-7867.
This incident remains under investigation by the City of Fort Wayne Police Department and the Allen County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
- FWPD investigating shooting on Webster Street
- FWPD investigates shooting near Paulding Road and Webster Street
- Police investigating death on S. Webster Street
- Investigation continues into FWPD officer involved shooting
- FWPD investigates shooting on Gaywood Drive
- FWPD investigating early morning altercation
- FWPD make drug arrests
- FWPD detective cleared in July shooting
- FWPD seeks person of interest
- FWPD officer involved in crash