FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - An off duty police officer won't face charges after shooting a man in July.
The Allen County prosecutor said detective Larry Teague Jr. was justified because he was acting in self defense.
Teague was working security on Production Road July 28 when Anthony Lincoln approached him and drew a gun, which turned out to be fake.
Teague shot Lincoln who was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
- FWPD detective cleared in July shooting
- FWPD make drug arrests
- Investigation continues into FWPD officer involved shooting
- FWPD investigating shooting on Webster Street
- FWPD investigates shooting on Gaywood Drive
- FWPD seeks person of interest
- FWPD officer involved in crash
- FWPD K9, Nemo, passes away
- FWPD seek person of interest
- FWPD investigates shooting near Paulding Road and Webster Street