The Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to a report of a house fire at 1211 Huestis Avenue at 5:19am Friday. The first fire units were at the scene in less than three minutes. But when they arrived, crews found the house heavily involved with fire and the fire had extended to the house at 1207 Huestis.
FWFD crews immediately called for a 2nd alarm and began fighting the flames in both structures. Firefighters entered both houses to evacuate any occupants but were driven back by the flames at 1211 Huestis. A substantial collapse of the roof occurred shortly afterward. Firefighters eventually gained entry into the home and found 2 victims who had perished.
At this time, firefighters remain on scene extinguishing hidden fires and investigating the cause. No fire department injuries were reported. FWFD was assisted by FWPD, TRAA, AEP, NIPSCO and NCE.
- Early morning fire destroys home; two found dead inside
- Fire destroys home early Thursday morning
- Mobile home destroyed in early morning fire
- Early morning fire damages home
- Fire destroys vacant home
- Fire destroys mobile home
- Home badly damaged after early morning fire
- Three dead, one injured in early morning fire
- Fire destroys mobile home in Angola
- Electrical fire destroys Angola mobile home