FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - In-school registration for the upcoming school year will be held this Friday and Monday at all 48 Fort Wayne Community Schools.
Parents can visit their child’s school from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday or from noon to 7 p.m. Monday to get ready for the 2019-20 school year.
Other important dates:
• Sixth-Grade Transition Day – Tuesday, Aug. 6, 8 a.m.-noon
• Ninth-Grade Transition Day – Tuesday, Aug. 6, 9 a.m.-noon
• Kindergarten Conferences – Tuesday, Aug. 6, times vary by school
• First Day of School – Tuesday, Aug. 13
New families can visit the Family and Community Engagement Center, 230 E. Douglas Ave., from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday.
Families that can't make it to the scheduled registration dates can contact their child’s school to make other arrangements prior to the first day of school, which is Tuesday, Aug. 13.
Parents are asked to bring a photo ID and two documents showing proof of residency to the in-school registration.
Documents accepted include:
• Letter or check from any governmental agency, attorney or court papers
• Letter or card from Allen County Office of Family and Children Services
• Paycheck or Social Security benefits
• Medical doctor, dentist or eye doctor statements
• Established bank account statement
• Utility connect notice
• Utility bill dated within the past 30 days
• Lease printed on letterhead from an established apartment/mobile home leasing office with a contact name and phone number.
Homeless families or those with unusual living arrangements should contact the Family and Community Engagement Center at
(260) 467-2113 for assistance. For more information visit www.fortwayneschools.org.
- FWCS in-school registration begins this week
- FWCS to begin new superintendent search this week
- FWCS extends Robinson's contract
- FWCS enhancing STEM programs
- FWCS holds annual lottery
- FWCS students receive HSE diplomas
- FWCS holds community service day
- FWCS hosts day of caring
- STEM Flights partnering with FWCS
- FWCS holds first technology conference