Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- They've partnered with the City Riverfront Project, and the Fort Wayne Police Department to prepare for the summer season getting places spruced up for the public.
"I like it. It's really hot out here, but we're doing something good, so I don't have a problem with it," student Dyaria Rowland said.
Other location sights for community projects include Portage Middle School, Towles Intermediate School, Scott Academy and Maplewood and South Wayne Elementary schools.
Students worked at these various locations:
• Johnny Appleseed Park – arriving at 9:45 and working toward Lawton Park.
• Memorial Park – arriving at 9:45 (depending on river levels)
• Franke Park – 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Tecumseh St. Bridge – arriving at 10 a.m.
• East Bloomingdale P – 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Quite a few of the students said after today, they will continue to do community service because they had fun working together.
- FWCS holds community service day
- FWCS holds annual lottery
- FWCS holds first technology conference
- FWCS hosts day of caring
- Community optimistic in FWCS superintendent search
- FWCS invites community to referendum information meetings
- FWCS extends Robinson's contract
- FWCS enhancing STEM programs
- YMCA holds MLK Day of Service
- FWCS students receive HSE diplomas