FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Artificial turf will be installed at Spuller Stadium over the summer.
The Fort Wayne Community Schools board approved the improvements to the field at Northrop High School Monday.
Northrop was chosen first because it will get the most use.
Snider football also calls the field home.
That's why some board members wanted it to be neutral design.
"There is going to be Bruin logo even though it jointly used by both Snider and Northrop. As a Snider grad, I'm ok with that," said FWCS board president Julie Hollingsworth.
FWCS plans to install artificial turf at the other schools as money becomes available in the budget.
The new field at Spuller will be installed in time for the fall sports season.
- FWCS approves artificial turf at Spuller Stadium
- FWCS looking at artificial turf for Northrop
- FWCS board approves superintendent contract extension
- FWCS board approves new teacher contract, raises
- FWCS extends Robinson's contract
- FWCS enhancing STEM programs
- FWCS holds annual lottery
- FWCS students receive HSE diplomas
- FWCS holds community service day
- FWCS hosts day of caring