FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) -- At Monday night’s Board of School Trustees meeting Superintendent Wendy Robinson provided a strategy on how the district can move forward successfully.
"We're going to focus on being accountable to students, parents and the community because we can't focus on the state accountability or federal accountability to give a clear picture about what students are actually capable of doing," she said.
Robinson explained there will be teams of people made up of teachers and board members to target the following areas:
- The academic side of the pyramid
- Readiness to learn
There will be updates provided at every meeting after Monday.
"We're really truly going to have communication with parents, with students, what we need in order for them to be successful in a more frequent way for them to talk to have those conversations about what it is we're doing to support kids and the impact it's having on student achievement," she added.
She said having these teams and having transparency will prepare the next person who takes on the position once she leaves.
"It is a personal responsibility for me, whoever takes over the position, I'm not here not to be able to say 'Well I didn't know what they were doing, or I don't know what this district is about.' We've been very open with our community. I think our community appreciates what we're doing, but you heard the conversations about legislation, you heard the conversations about all the changes. Things are happening every week," Robinson explained.
The next meeting will be on Jan. 27 at 6 p.m.
- FWCS superintendent gives 2020 State of Schools address
- FWCS board approves superintendent contract extension
- FWCS superintendent finalist for national award
- Community optimistic in FWCS superintendent search
- Parents weigh in on FWCS superintendent search
- FWCS preparing for 2020 construction referendum
- FWCS to begin new superintendent search this week
- State Superintendent in Berne to address teacher pay, graduation rate
- FWCS extends Robinson's contract
- FWCS enhancing STEM programs