FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Voters can expect to see Fort Wayne Community Schools asking for a third construction referendum.
The school board voted to move the $130 million dollar proposal forward during it's meeting Monday night.
The district is asking for money to renovate 33 schools; including major projects at Wayne High School, Blackhawk Middle School and Miami Middle School.
If voters approve the referendum, every school will also have updated secure entrances.
The district will need to get 500 valid signatures before the question will appear on the ballot in May 2020.
- FWCS Board moves referendum forward
- FWCS preparing for 2020 construction referendum
- FWCS invites community to referendum information meetings
- No one speaks during FWCS referendum public hearing
- FWCS begins Repair 2020 referendum petition drive Friday
- FWCS board approves superintendent contract extension
- FWCS board approves new teacher contract, raises
- FWCS extends Robinson's contract
- FWCS enhancing STEM programs
- FWCS holds annual lottery