FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)-Monday marks the start of phase three of construction at the Fort Wayne International Airport.
The operations manager for the airport authority, Katie Scherer, said this phase of the terminal road project will include a number of changes.
Some things like creating a new economy parking lot exit through the long term lot, a new sidewalk connecting the economy and long term lots, and the removal of both the Old 2nd Street and Old Ross Drive.
"The reason we had to split it in so many phases is to be able to maintain access to our lots throughout the project, so when the project is finished we'll have new updated signage along the entrance road, new lighting, all of our main parking entrances will all be on the left hand side. The cell phone lot will be on the right hand side," Scherer explained.
There are three more phases that will begin following the completion of phase three.
- Phase 3 construction begins for FWA
- FWA getting ready for expansion
- FWA hosts Wings for Autism flight rehearsal
- Phases II and III of Riverfront Fort Wayne begin
- Construction begins on new downtown hotel
- State Road 101 construction begins Monday
- Construction on new pocket community begins
- Sewer project enters new phase
- Posterity Heights announces 3rd phase
- Kroger phasing out plastic bags by 2025