FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Hundreds of kids celebrated Christmas this weekend.
Santa stopped by Erin's House for Grieving Kids during their holiday party Sunday.
He was handing out gifts to all the kids.
They then went and made ornaments, wreaths and picture frames.
Erin's House has the party every year because holidays can be hard for kids who lost a loved one.
"We do this for them to just have an extra special day for them to come together as a family. A lot of times this might be their first holiday without their loved one, so being able to have some good memories they are able to share," said Cassie Sheely, Erin's House program specialist.
About 400 kids were expected at Sunday's party.
- Erin's House hosts Christmas party for kids
- Erin's House celebrates 25 years
- Hundreds turn out to support Erin's House for Grieving Children
- ACD Museum hosting New Year's Eve party
- Deer Park hosts 20th annual St. Patrick's party
- Solomon Farm Park hosts Christmas on the farm
- Urban League hosts mortgage and housing fair
- Local Riley kid chosen to decorate Christmas ornament
- JAKKS Toys give Christmas gifts to kids in Fort Wayne
- Police investigate battery after party