*UPDATE 09/24/18* The coroner has made a determination that the cause of death of the 18-year-old was blunt force injuries and the crash was an accident.
ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - One person is dead after an ATV crash in northeastern Allen County.
The crash happened around 7 p.m. in the 16,000 block of Hurshtown Road Thursday.
Allen County Sheriff deputies said the ATV was going west on Hurshtown Road when it lost control and hit a untility pole.
Debris was spread across the road.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources said Paul Schmucker Jr., 18, died at the scene. A 17-year-old was flown to a hospital by air ambulance.
Both people were not wearing a helmet or any protective riding gear.
Alcohol is believed to be a factor.
- One dead after ATV crash near Grabill
- Grabill robbery suspect apprehended
- Sheriff's Department releases photos of Grabill robbery suspect
- Robots help teach ATV safety
- 16-year-old girl injured in ATV accident
- Waterloo man dead after crash
- Bryan woman dead in crash
- One dead after crash near airport
- North Webster man dead in rollover crash
- One man dead, another injured in crash