FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - FEMA is testing the Emergency Alert System Thursday.
Broadcast stations across the country will air the test at 2:20 p.m.
FEMA said the test "will assess the operational readiness of the infrastructure for distribution of a national message and determine whether technological improvements are needed."
This is only the fourth time the EAS will be tested across the country.
Many broadcasters, including FOX 55, have a weekly and monthly test.
A cell phone portion of the test, the Wireless Emergency Alert, will be tested October 3.
- Amber Alert update
- Amber Alert canceled
- Nationwide FBI sex trafficking bust leads to the recovery of 84 minors
- Parkview Health in Fort Wayne works to end nationwide nursing shortage
- IPFW drill teaches students about emergency response
- Crossroad Services to open emergency girls shelter
- Plane makes emergency landing near Till Road
- Emergency responders train for railroad incidents
- Silver Alert ended for missing Bluffton man