FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The former Elmhurst High School is finally coming down.
Crews started tearing down portions on the north side of the building this week.
Fort Wayne Community Schools sold the property last year to Hanson Aggregates, which operates the quarry next door.
FWCS closed the school in 2010 because of several budget cuts.
Elmhurst Alumni from across the country were able to take one final tour of the building last fall.
- Elmhurst High School demolition begins
- Elmhurst High School to continue tours Saturday
- Saying goodbye to Elmhurst
- Former Elmhurst High School almost completely torn down
- Demolition set for Peerless Cleaners building
- Historic Fort Wayne buildings in danger of demolition, neglect
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Christmas tree recycling begins
- Tox-Away Saturdays begin
- GERMANFEST 2019 begins Sunday