Electric Works talks continue

A redevelopment agreement was scheduled to be presented to the redeployment commission Monday.

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 9:48 PM
Updated: Aug 14, 2018 3:23 PM

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The city of Fort Wayne says it is continuing negotiations with the developers of the Electric Works project.

A redevelopment agreement was scheduled to be presented to the redeployment commission Monday, but that didn’t happen.

Instead the city and developers issued a statement saying the discussions will continue.

In June the city released a draft version of the agreement, where the city, county and capital improvement board would put the $65 million developers say they need.

Developers say that money needs to be secured by the end of the month for the project to work.

However, a city spokesman told FOX 55 News last week discussions conintue to be positive.

Article Comments

Fort Wayne
Scattered Clouds
85° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 66°
Feels Like: 86°
Angola
Clear
84° wxIcon
Hi: 84° Lo: 65°
Feels Like: 84°
Huntington
Scattered Clouds
85° wxIcon
Hi: 85° Lo: 66°
Feels Like: 86°
Decatur
Clear
88° wxIcon
Hi: 86° Lo: 66°
Feels Like: 88°
Van Wert
Clear
88° wxIcon
Hi: 86° Lo: 67°
Feels Like: 88°
Partly Sunny Friday
WFFT Radar
WFFT Temperatures
WFFT National

Community Events