FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Electric Works project is now getting money from the city of Fort Wayne.
In a 6-3 vote, the Fort Wayne city council approved putting $10 million from the legacy fund, $3.5 million from the local income tax and approved a property tax deduction for the redevelopment of the old general electric plant.
RTM Ventures said now it can focus on bringing more tenants to the project.
Last week ... Parkview Health announced it plans to lease space in Electric Works.
Construction is expected to begin by June.
- City Council approves Electric Works funding
- Electric Works Legacy Fund request moves to city council
- City leases utilities for Electric Works funding
- Developers approach county council about Electric Works
- Electric Works worthy of legacy funds
- Electric Works funding clears major hurdle
- City council discusses resolution for Electric Works project
- City council members: Electric Works arena is a bad idea
- City council approves art commission
- Electric Works talks continue