FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Electric Works developers continue to gather input from the community about the re-development of the former General Electric factory.
Tuesday, more than 100 people attended a forum to get some answers about the project.
Most of the discussion centered around financing.
Developers are asking for $65 million spread out among several local agencies.
The Allen County Commissioners and Capital Improvement Board already pledged a combined 3 million dollars.
"It's a big project and it's a significant amount of funding, we understand that. It's also important we go through the process and really engage folks," said Jeff Kingsberry, RTM Ventures.
Fort Wayne mayor Tom Henry said he supports spending $50 million on the project and last week announced Electric Works will be getting New Market Tax Credits.
The Legacy Joint Funding Committee also determined the project was worth using Legacy Funds.
Developers hope to get financing and start construction this summer.
- Electric Works developers answer questions
- Developers approach county council about Electric Works
- City officials, developers come to development agreement on Electric Works
- Electric Works talks continue
- Electric Works tours scheduled
- Polar vortex: Your questions answered
- Developers: Electric Works innovation district could be in jeopardy
- Residents optimistic about Electric Works
- Indiana Tech to lease at Electric Works
- Details unfold about Electric Works project