AUBURN, Ind. (WFFT) - The Eckhart Public Library is getting ready to launch its new strategic plan.
The plan lays out several goals to help the library honor the past while building for the future from now until 2021.
That includes finishing an extensive remodel to the historic main building after an arson in July 2017.
Carolyn Foley, president of the Eckhart Public Library board, said they are using the tragedy as a launching point to the future.
"We are attempting to turn that into an opportunity for our patrons. So one of the keystones to the new strategic plan is to increase accessibility to library services," she said.
The main branch is expected to reopen July 2, 2019, two years after the arson.
You can read the Eckhart Public Library strategic plan here.
- Eckhart Library releases new strategic plan
- Eckhart Library closer to construction
- Eckhart Library expected to reopen in 2019
- Eckhart Library arsonist sentenced to 14 years in prison
- Remodeling about to begin at Eckhart Public Library
- Eckhart Public Library begins outside construction nearly one year after arson
- Noble County libraries dropping fines
- It's Library Week in Fort Wayne
- Allen County Library hosting Homeschool Day
- Korea Fest takes over Allen County Library