AUBURN, Ind. (WFFT) - The Eckhart Public Library is expected to reopen in February 2019.
The historic main branch is undergoing renovations after an arson in July 2017.
Library leaders are taking this time to make signifcant changes during the remodeling process.
One of the biggest changes is getting rid of the long ramp, allowing everyone to enter at the ground level.
Nykolas Elkin is serving a 14 year sentence after he told a judge he dropped a lit firework in the book return.
Library staff meanwhile continue to work out of a temporary location in the Auburn Plaza.
- Eckhart Library expected to reopen in 2019
- Eckhart Library closer to construction
- Eckhart Library releases new strategic plan
- Eckhart Library on track to reopen main campus by year's end
- Eckhart Library arsonist sentenced to 14 years in prison
- Remodeling about to begin at Eckhart Public Library
- Eckhart Public Library gets ready to re-open in March
- Eckhart Public Library begins outside construction nearly one year after arson
- Dupont Road expected to reopen this weekend
- Hillegas Road bridge reopens