AUBURN, Ind. (WFFT) - Construction is about to finally begin at the Eckhart Public Library.
On Monday, staff members toured the building and were shown where things will go when the library re-opens.
Remediation from the arson that happened in July took longer than expected, but is now complete, which means the library will take a little longer to re-open.
One area board members hope to have redone is the main entryway.
"It's exciting," said Eckhart Public Library board president Carolyn Foley. "The possibilities are very exciting to us, but it's also something of a relief."
If you would like to help with the restoration process, you can learn more by visiting the library's website.
- Eckhart Library closer to construction
- Eckhart Library expected to reopen in 2019
- Eckhart Library releases new strategic plan
- Eckhart Public Library begins outside construction nearly one year after arson
- Eckhart Library arsonist sentenced to 14 years in prison
- Remodeling about to begin at Eckhart Public Library
- Eckhart Public Library gets ready to re-open in March
- Eckhart Library on track to reopen main campus by year's end
- Noble County libraries dropping fines
- Dupont Road construction underway