NEW HAVEN, Ind. (WFFT)- East Allen County Schools is considering steps to improve school safety.
At a school board meeting Tuesday the safety manager proposed ways to protect students from dangerous situations.
The proposal included a resistant window and door film. The film would give students and staff enough time to implement an emergency plan if something happens.
Other suggestions included adding key card access to some doors and upgrading the camera systems.
"We do our best to be safe. We can't stop everything. If somebody is determined to hurt somebody, we need to be prepared to do what we can to minimize that," said Jeff Studebaker, safety manager.
The next step is for Studebaker to speak with vendors about how much safety upgrades would cost.
- East Allen County Schools considers safety changes
- East Allen County Schools focus on safety
- East Allen County Schools hiring
- Student safety considered in East Noble Middle School design
- East Allen County Schools closing on Red For Ed day
- Commissioners approve $4.2 million for east Allen County revival
- East Allen County Schools top 10 in national Middle Schools Kindness Challenge
- Northwest Allen County Schools investigates bus fire
- Allen County Health Department encourages spring break safety
- Allen County school districts work to improve student and bus safety