KENDALLVILLE, Ind. (WFFT) - East Noble is expected to make its final decision about the old middle school this week.
Last fall, the school board approved spending money to tear down the 100-year-old building after hearing a proposal to convert it into apartments.
However, the decision upset many in the community and the city of Kendallville has since come forward and wants to buy the building.
The school board is holding a special meeting Wednesday to decide what is happening with the building.
It's happening at 6:30 p.m. at the district's central office.
- East Noble expected to decide on fate of old middle school
- Student safety considered in East Noble Middle School design
- Kendallville hopes to repurpose former East Noble Middle School building
- East Noble to tear down old middle school instead of selling
- Kendallville continues to talk buying old East Noble Middle school building
- East Noble to transfer former middle school to Kendallville for community learning center
- East Noble parents can track students' bus
- East Noble encouraging students to #saysomething
- East Noble mourning loss of teacher
- Voters deciding Indiana mayoral races, fate of new casino