FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The city said one lane of traffic in each direction is now open on Dupont Road, but drivers should be aware that it is still a construction zone. Construction crews opened the road to traffic over the weekend.
As progress continues on the Dupont Improvement Project, expect slower speeds with occasional stopped traffic and lane shifts throughout the remainder of the project.
The posted speed limit through the work zone is 35 MPH. The signalized intersection of La Cabreah Lane/Dawson’s Creek Boulevard and Dupont Road will remain a temporary All-Way Stop during construction.
The Dupont Road Construction Project includes expanding the road to four lanes with a turn lane, where needed, adding a sidewalk on the north side of the road and a trail on the south side of the road.
An underpass for the Pufferbelly Trail will connect the Pufferbelly Trail from Salomon Farm Park to the existing trail north of Dupont Road.
Currently, there is no pedestrian infrastructure on Dupont Road and up to 25,000 vehicles use this stretch of road each day.
The Dupont Road Construction Project is expected to be complete in 2019. Weekly updates are available at www.cityoffortwayne.org/dupont.
- Dupont Road now open
- Dupont Road construction underway
- Rise & Roll Bakery opens Dupont Road location
- Dupont Road seeing development boom
- Community meets contractor for Dupont Road project
- Dupont Road expected to reopen this weekend
- Dupont Hospital to unveil expansion
- Businesses near Dupont Road are affected by construction
- One hurt in early morning motorcycle crash near Dupont Road
- Dupont Road construction to wrap up for winter