FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- In order to improve the Dupont Road Improvement Project, traffic along the road could move a little slower than expected starting this week.
Dupont Road between Lima Road and Coldwater Road is expanding to four lanes with a turn lane where needed, adding a sidewalk on the north side of the road and a trail on the south side of the road.
A pedestrian/bicyling crossing under the road will connect the Pufferbelly Trail from Solomon Farm Park to the existing trail north of Dupont Road.
There is currently no pedestrian infrastructure along the road.
- Dupont Road construction underway
- Dupont Road now open
- Dupont Road seeing development boom
- Businesses near Dupont Road are affected by construction
- Dupont Road construction to wrap up for winter
- Community meets contractor for Dupont Road project
- Rise & Roll Bakery opens Dupont Road location
- Dupont Road expected to reopen this weekend
- Dupont Hospital to unveil expansion
- One hurt in early morning motorcycle crash near Dupont Road