FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - All lanes on Dupont Road are expected to reopen next week.
The stretch between Coldwater and Lima Roads is being widened to five lanes.
In August, one lane each direction was opened as crews finished construction.
The project includes an overpass connecting neighborhoods to trails and a center turn lane.
"This is great to see, it is going to be a great boost for this area, not only for the vehicular transportation, but next year you will see a great transformation bicyclists and pedestrians," said Patrick Zaharako, city engineer for the City of Fort Wayne.
Phase two includes adding sidewalks and trails and median landscaping, which will be completed by June.
- Dupont Road construction underway
- Dupont Road construction to wrap up for winter
- Dupont Road now open
- Dupont Road seeing development boom
- Businesses near Dupont Road are affected by construction
- Community meets contractor for Dupont Road project
- Rise & Roll Bakery opens Dupont Road location
- Dupont Road expected to reopen this weekend
- Dupont Hospital to unveil expansion
- One hurt in early morning motorcycle crash near Dupont Road