Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Most people gave in to paying the $6.00 parking fee at the Memorial Coliseum Saturday.
The Memorial Coliseum released a travel advisory February 28th to alert everyone about the start of two events going on until tomorrow.
"Traffic was very very heavy," Ed Berry said.
Berry said he was stuck in traffic for a half hour coming from Bluffton.
There were backups on Coliseum Boulevard, and Coldwater leading up to the Memorial Coliseum.
"It's packed, a bunch of vehicles here. I've got a ten minute walk to my car," he added.
One of the things noticeable other than the crowd is the new fence around the property which Tony Delarosa said is necessary for days like this.
"The fence is, I think it's good because there's been some people who've been foolish and abused the system, and think it's important that we do what we need to do to take care of our property," he said.
If you can, arrive early and leave plenty of time for travel and parking.
- Drivers take on Memorial Coliseum traffic for the weekend
- Parking prices raised at Memorial Coliseum
- New security measure at the Memorial Coliseum
- Traffic Advisory issued for Coliseum area
- Largest rabbit show in Midwest comes to the Memorial Coliseum
- Thousands are expected to visit the Coliseum this MLK weekend
- Memorial Coliseum staff, Secret Service prepare for President Trump's arrival Monday
- This Week at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum: Nov. 25
- This Week at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum: Dec. 2
- This week at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum: Dec. 9