Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- If you drive around, you'll notice construction happening in many areas, but the latest one, which is the State Boulevard Closure, has quite a few dreading the detours to get to where they're going, and not just for drivers.
"I think it's a hassle just walking across the street to here," Rickey Parnin said.
Rickey Parnin lives along Wells Street which is one of the streets listed for the detour.
With him walking, that means more cars to watch out for.
"It's gotta be done. That bridge has been there forever," he added.
Delorese Bonifas agrees. In fact, she doesn't really mind.
Northern Indiana Public Service company will relocate a natural gas line in the street starting this week.
Several utilities will relocate transmission lines over the next few months.
"I think it's wonderful that they are doing State Street. Although it's a lot of inconvenience, and takes me longer to get where I'm going, I think it needs to be done," Bonifas said.
A detour to get around the closed portion uses Wells Street, Fernhill Ave, North Clinton/Lima Road and Spy Run Ave.
It will be closed until November 28.
- Drivers react to State Boulevard closure
- State Boulevard reopens
- Realignment of State Boulevard begins
- State Boulevard to close for gasline relocation
- Drivers prepare for Washington Center Road closure
- Three seriously hurt in Jefferson Boulevard crash
- Bandidos to close Glencarin Boulevard location
- Work to resume on pedestrian bridge over Coliseum Boulevard
- Lake Ave. closure delayed
- Intersection of Coldwater Road and Coliseum Boulevard to get new turn lanes