NOBLE COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - A motorcycle driver was flown to the hospital after leading police on a chase in two counties Saturday.
Just before 5 p.m., the motorcycle driver was leading DeKalb County Sheriff Deputies on a chase on CR 52, which turned into CR 100S in Noble County.
The Noble County Sheriff's Department said the driver lost control as he crossed the crest of the road and tried to go through a small curve at CR 1200E.
Deputies said the driver braked hard, left the road and was ejected, landing in a water filled drainage ditch along CR 100 S.
The driver was flown to a Fort Wayne hospital because of the severity of his injuries.
The Noble County Sheriff's Department said the driver driver was operating a vehicle while suspended (prior) with a total of 82 current points on his operator's license.
- Driver with 82 points leads police on multi-county chase
- Authorities: Driver dies following police chase, shooting
- RED begins multi-million redevelopment at Jefferson Pointe
- Actor Burt Reynolds dead at 82
- Man in custody after leading state police on chase in Allen County
- Whitley County Sheriff K-9 dies in crash after police chase
- High speed chase leads to arrest of Fort Wayne man
- Man leads deputies on chase; bit by K-9
- Armed robbery in Angola leads to highway chase
- Albert Finney, five-time Oscar nominee, dead at 82