JACKSON, IN (WFFT) -- The driver of an SUV died Sunday after a fiery crash in Steuben County.
Deputies responded about 3:30 p.m. to a vehicle fire on State Road 327, just north of U.S. 20.
Deputies say they found a gold Ford SUV engulfed in flames.
After firefighters extinguished the fire, deputies say they removed the body of a person who appeared to be the driver. The person has not been identified.
Deputies say it appears the SUV was speeding southbound on SR 327 when it left the right side of the road and struck a tree, igniting the vehicle in flames.
It's unknown if alcohol was involved in the crash. The crash remains under investigation.
- Deputies: Driver killed in fiery Steuben County crash
- One person dead in Steuben County crash
- Buffalo roam Steuben County fields
- Man wanted after attempting to run over Steuben County deputy
- Two vehicle crash claims life of Steuben County man
- Three people die, including two children in Steuben County crash
- Two arrested in Steuben County drug search
- Steuben County Sheriff 'Please lock your vehicle'
- Hillville Road crash kills driver, injures passenger
- Steuben County sex offender located on Crooked Lake