WABASH, Ind. (WFFT) — Wabash Marketplace, Inc. will close down Miami Street one last time for its 2021 First Friday series with live music, food trucks, a pumpkin patch and multiple vendors.
In addition to closing Miami Street, downtown businesses will open their doors for extended hours with shopping deals and more for guests to enjoy.
October’s First Friday will focus on Harvest and Hops: a theme with fall-inspired activities and beer specials from local restaurants and bars.
New to October’s First Friday in Downtown Wabash is the addition of Food Truck Row.
Food Truck Row will feature new food trucks along the southern sidewalk of Canal Street between Miami Street and Wabash Street
Miami Street First Friday festivities:
- Live music: Bachelor Creek Church presents 390 East Worship from 6:30-8 p.m. with special guest Kimberly Rutledge opening at 6 p.m.
- Bachelor Creek Church: Providing free kettle corn
- New Song Church: Bounce House and free tenderloin meals (sandwich, chips, bottled water) to the first 220 people
- Four County: Community Health Booth
- New Journey Church: Giveaways and free s’mores
- Gebhart Holdings: booth
- Hill n Dale Farm: Local, organic farm vendor
- Fish on Tackle: Giveaway
- The Salty Soap Co.: Artisan soap vendor
- Arc of Wabash County: Facepainting for $1 and 65” tv raffle
- Faith Baptist Church: Community booth
- Patch of Sunshine: Fresh cut flowers
- Charley Creek Inn Courtyard: Live music by Frank Bradford from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
First Friday food offerings (including Food Truck Row):
- Charley Creek Inn Ice Cream & Candy Shoppe: Featuring Funnel Cake Fries
- Modoc’s Market: Open until 8 p.m. with hot apple cider, caramel apple cider slushies, pumpkin milkshakes and malts, cake pops and circus games and prizes
- Pizza King: Open until 10 p.m.
- Blooey’s: Drinks and appetizers
- Smitty’s Bar & Grill: Drinks and entrees
- Ohh My! Cakes: Boozy cupcakes: Chocolate Stout Cupcakes, Hard Apple Pie Cupcakes; Maple Bacon Cupcakes; Pumpkin Cheesecake; Butterscotch Toffee Edible Cookie Dough
- Downtown Nutrition: Free pumpkin protein donuts; Open from 4-7 p.m.
- Market Street Grill: Dinner and drinks until 10 p.m.
- Red Barn Elephant Ears: Located at the Wabash County Museum
- The Saucy Zoodle: Located at the Wabash County Museum
- Tim’s Thai 2 Go: Located at the Wabash County Museum
- Moon Dog Catering: Cash bar located at the Wabash County Museum
- Payne’s Fish & Chips: Located on Miami Street
- Emmett’s Paddy Wagon: Located on Miami Street
- JB’s Cuisine Machine: Located on Food Truck Row
- BEE BQ: Located on Food Truck Row
- Georgieno’s Italian BBQ: Located at Eclectic Shoppe
- White Rock Recreation: FREE ice cream to frontline workers and their families
Harvest and Hops Beer Specials:
- Chapman’s Wabash Taproom: $4 lager pints-to-go; $5 core beers
- Market Street Grill: All varieties of draft beer at $3
- Ohh My! Cakes: Boozy Cupcakes: Chocolate Stout cupcakes and Hard Apple Pie cupcakes
- Charley Creek Inn Wine & Cheese Bar: $8 beer flights
- JoJo’s Olfactory & Co.: Beer specials
Downtown specials and events:
- Wabash Marketplace: Sign up for the Wabash Marketplace email list for a chance to win a First Friday gift basket
- Pumpkin Decorating Contest: Decorate a pumpkin at Wabash Landing; Presented by the Lagro Canal Foundation
- Nicole Howard Photography: 2 for $20 mini photo session
- Eagles Theatre: Community Drum Circle offered in the West Lobby from 5:30 - 6 p.m. and 6:30 - 7 p.m.; Guests of all ages are welcome; Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult who is encouraged to participate
- Honeywell Center: Lee Brice concert; Doors open at 5:30 p.m.;
- Show starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Dr. James Ford Historic Home: 19th Century Autumn Festival open from 5-8 p.m.;
- Ride the Trolley No.85 up to the house for autumnal activities, games, crafts and tours of the first floor of the historic, restored 19th-century physician’s home and surgery center.
- Lighthouse Mission: Serving cookies for National Homemade Cookies Day until 8 p.m.
- Make it Your Own: Sidewalk sale on Canal Street
- Bellazo: Extra 50 percent off clearance
- Filament Tattoo: Open by appointment only
- Wooden Ivy Boutique & Floral: Storewide sales offered
- Eclectic Shoppe: Featuring Conny’s German Bread Shop
- The Francis Shoppe: Open until 6 p.m.
- Wabash County Museum: Mini Golf Fundraiser event with food trucks
- Tim’s Thai 2 Go, The Saucy Zoodle, Red Barn Elephant Ears and Moon Dog Catering with a cash bar
- Bluebird Boutique: 20 percent off Liverpool jeans
- Birdie J’s: 50 percent off clearance and 15 percent off storewide
- Borders & Beyond: 15 percent off a custom frame
- C&J Raxx: 15 percent off new arrivals
- Visit Wabash County Welcome Center: 50 East fall giveaway
- JoJo’s OlFactory & Co.: Beer specials; Special vessel option; Harvest scents; Buy Three, Get One Free sale
- Kelli Winer Design: Featuring handmade jewelry by Black Currant Designs
- Brooch Boutique: Open until 8 p.m.
- Tiny Threads: Open until 8 p.m.
- Thriftalicious: 20 percent off coats/jackets; Booth featuring Smilish Jewels jewelry
- Wabash Fire Department: Fire prevention booth at City Hall
- Eight West Salon: Pumpkins and mums for sale
Visit Wabash County Trolley No.85 Route Stops:
- Food Truck Row on Canal Street
- Dr. James Ford Historic Home
- Veteran’s Plaza
- Eagles Theatre
- The Depot
- Museum side lot
- White Rock Recreation