FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Senator Joe Donnelly tells FOX 55 he's pushing for Hoosier priorities as the Senate Agriculture Committee prepares to work on the 2018 Farm Bill.
Some of those priorities include managing uncontrollable risks, developing new market opportunities, supporting rural communities and several other key points.
One other aspect of the farm bill aims and helping to fight hunger right here at home.
"Part of the farm bill is also about nutrition and nutrition programs so that children who go to school with an empty stomach may be able to get their one or their two only meals of the day," Donnelly said. "You know for a lot of these kids, I mean, they go home from school, they don't see another meal."
Donnelly tells us he feels that work on the bill is going well and good progress is being made.
- Donnelly weighs in on 2018 Farm Bill
- Donnelly speaks out about gun control
- Senator Donnelly won't support Kavanaugh nomination
- Concordia weighing future building options
- Mike Braun to face Sen. Joe Donnelly in November
- Donnelly among those calling for Kavanaugh vote delay
- Senator Donnelly in Fort Wayne on eve of election day
- Solomon Farm Park hosts Christmas on the farm
- Northwest Ohio Wind Farm unveiled
- 29th annual Farm Show kicks off