LEESBURG, Ind. (WFFT)- At approximately 5:16 P.M. the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department received a report of a domestic dispute at the Leesburg Gravel Pit.
The gravel pit is located south of School Street and east of State Road 15 in Leesburg Indiana.
The domestic dispute was between Colby Kuczewski, 20 years of age, of Columbia City Indiana and Katheryn Wilcox, 20 years of age, of Columbia City Indiana.
A battery occurred between the couple involving injury to Katheryn Wilcox.
The vehicle the couple was operating became stuck in the gravel pit and family arrived to assist with the vehicle.
The domestic dispute continued once Colby Kuczewski’s family arrived to help.
70-year-old Buddy Kuczewski of Leesburg, Indiana arrived to assist with the vehicle.
The domestic dispute continued to escalate with Buddy Kuczewski there.
During those altercations Colby Kuczewski took a knife from Buddy Kuczewski and made threats to harm himself and the others.
Buddy Kuczewski then retrieved his 357 revolver shooting Colby Kuczewski in the left upper leg.
Colby Kuczewski was transported to Lutheran Hospital Fort Wayne for treatment of his injuries, and was listed as being in serious condition shortly after the incident.
Katheryn Wilcox was treated for minor injuries at Park View Hospital Warsaw and later released from the hospital.
The information from this case has been forwarded to the Kosciusko County Prosecutor’s Office for possible charges for this incident.
- Domestic dispute sends one person to the hospital after being shot
- Police shoot, wound Indiana man after domestic dispute, fire
- Motorcycle crash sends one to hospital
- Fire sends one man to the hospital
- One person hospitalized after shooting Thursday morning
- Mayor responds to parking dispute
- Indiana jail drug exposure sends 24 to hospital
- Single-car crash on I-69 sends one to hospital
- Southern Wells bus crash sends students and driver to hospital
- Five vehicle crash sends four to the hospital Thursday