SPENCERVILLE, Ind. (WFFT) - Dollar General is still interested in developing in Spencerville.
The company is looking at developing an empty field owned by the Spencerville Community Club, where a baseball diamond used to be.
The property is already zoned commercial, however the zoning will still need to modified for the store to be allowed.
A few dozen people attended a meeting with developers Wednesday night, many people were in favor.
That is a sharp contrast when many spoke against the store going in at the corner of County Road 68 and State Road 1 on the south edge of town.
DeKalb County commissioners rejected that zoning request.
The DeKalb County Planning Commission is expected to hold a public hearing about the new zoning change during its November 21 meeting.
If everything is approved, Dollar General could open in about a year.
- Dollar General still interested in building Spencerville store
- Dollar General considering Spencerville store
- Dollar General clears hurdle for Spencerville location
- Re-zoning request for Spencerville Dollar General to be decided Monday
- Spencerville man hurt in motorcycle crash
- County commissioners reject rezoning of Spencerville field
- Plan commission approved non-favorable recommendation on Spencerville zoning
- Request to re-zone Spencerville field discussed again
- FWPD seeks person of interest
- FWPD seek person of interest