SPENCERVILLE, Ind. (WFFT) - A Dollar General store could be built in Spencerville.
The DeKalb County Planning Commission will decide its recommendation about re-zoning two acres of a corn field at County Road 68 and State Road 1.
Dollar General told FOX 55 News it is still exploring the possibility of a store in Spencerville but nothing has been finalized.
An online petition against the proposal was created Thursday evening and had about 500 signatures by 9:00 p.m. Friday.
The planning commission will meet Wednesday at the DeKalb County Court House at 7:00 p.m.
DeKalb County Commissioners will have the final approval of the re-zoning.
- Dollar General considering Spencerville store
- Dollar General still interested in building Spencerville store
- Dollar General clears hurdle for Spencerville location
- Plans for Spencerville Dollar General move forward
- Re-zoning request for Spencerville Dollar General to be decided Monday
- Dollar General will open 975 stores this year
- Spencerville man hurt in motorcycle crash
- County commissioners reject rezoning of Spencerville field
- Re-zoning request for Spencerville field continued
- Family Dollar will close nearly 400 stores