SPENCERVILLE, Ind. (WFFT) - Plans for a Dollar General store to be built in Spencerville can move forward.
DeKalb County Commissioners approved a re-zoning request of the field behind the Spencerville Community Club Monday.
The property, owned by the community club, is already zoned commercial but needed a higher level for a retail store.
Commissioners rejected another zoning request for a field at the corner of County Road 68 and State Road 1 after many community members spoke against the proposal.
Dollar General still needs other approvals before construction can begin.
Representatives from Dollar General told FOX 55 they hope to open the store in Spencerville in late 2019.
- Dollar General clears hurdle for Spencerville location
- Dollar General considering Spencerville store
- Plans for Spencerville Dollar General move forward
- Dollar General still interested in building Spencerville store
- Electric Works funding clears major hurdle
- Re-zoning request for Spencerville Dollar General to be decided Monday
- Spencerville man hurt in motorcycle crash
- County commissioners reject rezoning of Spencerville field
- Re-zoning request for Spencerville field continued
- Plan commission approved non-favorable recommendation on Spencerville zoning