FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Two dogs were rescued from a house fire on the city's southeast side Tuesday night.
It happened just before 11 p.m. Crews were called to a fire in the 4500 block of Anthony Wayne Drive.
When they arrived they found heavy smoke and fire coming from the back of the house. Crews searched the home and found two dogs inside. One of the dogs was unconscious, but was revived by firefighters. The dog was later taken by Animal Control for treatment.
No one was home at the time of the fire, but the blaze left two adults and two children homeless.
The fire is still under investigation.
- Dogs rescued from house fire
- Two dogs die in house fire
- Crews rescue dog from frigid pond
- Four minors rescued from early morning house fire
- 2 brothers, dog die in northeastern Indiana house fire
- Man dead after house fire
- Fire started at vacant house
- Fire damages southeast side house
- Family safe after house fire
- FWFD: water rescue not resumed