Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Bishop Kevin C. Rhoades ordained five men to the sacred priesthood Saturday at the Cathedral of Immaculate Conception in Fort Wayne.
The five men who were ordained are Deacon Patrick Hake, Deacon Jay Horning, Deacon David Huneck, Deacon Nathan Maskal, and Deacon Thomas Zehr. All of them went through years of training to get to this moment.
"Without them, without the people, these men wouldn't be here today- with their support, their encouragement, their prayers, their love. When a priest is presented at the altar of God, or man rather to be ordained a priest, he's presented by the people as a gift of the people to God. Then he becomes a gift from God back to the people," Father Andrew Budzinski said.
The men have a couple weeks between now and when they will take their positions at different church locations.
During that time, they'll be visiting different parishes and then they'll begin priestly ministry.
- Diocese celebrates largest priest ordination class in over 40 years
- Fort Wayne-South Bend Diocese names 2 more accused priests
- Fort Wayne-South Bend Diocese names 1 more accused priest
- Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend to release names of priests who committed sexual abuse
- Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend releases names of priests accused of abusing children
- Chevy trucks celebrate 100 years
- Erin's House celebrates 25 years
- Boys and Girls Club hosts largest fundraiser of the year
- Catholic Diocese of Fort Wayne - South Bend opens new museum
- The Harambee Festival celebrates 25th year