FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) —Proposals heading to the Fort Wayne Redevelopment Commission include multiple multi-family complex developments, a trend officials in Fort Wayne and Allen County have seen the over time.
"There's a peak in deamand and looking back at statistics, Fort Wayne is the hottest market in the country," says Tyler Kees.
Kees is president of the local Home Builders Association, and says many areas in Allen County, most particularly the Northwest and Southwest sections.
"You're seeing a large concentration o fdevelopmentin certain parts of town, but it's a continuation of the upswing," says Kees.
Statistics from the HBA and Upstar show the number of building permits in Allen County has increased each of the past four years.
Statistics for 2019 show as of October, the number is 905, and the developments proposed are for a wide range of price points.
"You don't put in only high-end developements or low-end developments," says Kees.
- Allen County development proposal paints bigger picture
- Apple analyst paints a bleak picture for iPhones
- East Allen County Schools hiring
- Allen County Fair begins Tuesday
- Allen County Judge Levine retiring
- Allen County commissioners host "County Night Out"
- Allen County sees big STI increase
- Fire damages house in northwest Allen County
- Car pulled from pond in Allen County
- Allen County monitoring water levels for residents