DeKALB COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - Several small communities in DeKalb County are looking for ways to grow.
Officials in Butler are exploring ways to increase housing.
The population in the area has stayed the same for a few years, and many factories said their employees travel more than one hour to work.
Now, one city councilman is working to bring people together to help find solutions.
"That makes for a long day. Those two hours could easily be spent with family, or doing things at church or doing something in the community that will really benefit people here," said Jerry Eldridge, Butler city councilman.
There will be a meeting Thursday, May 3 at 10 a.m. at city council chambers.
Meanwhile in Waterloo, plans are moving forward for a new hotel.
The town managers told FOX 55, a Holiday Inn Express is proposed for the I-69 and US 6 interchange.
Construction is expected to begin next year.
- Development plans move forward in Butler, Waterloo
- City of Waterloo working towards new developments
- Waterloo buying block to spark new development
- Plans for Spencerville Dollar General move forward
- Butler fire ruled "undetermined"
- Plans for Public Art Commission and fund moves forward
- Plan to sell water from Michindoh Aquifer moves forward
- Waterloo moves into next phase of redevelopment project
- Waterloo launches crowd funding for Waterloo Memorial Park
- Waterloo man dead after crash