FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - An amended proposal for a subdivision along Schwartz Road passed with the Allen County Commissioners Friday morning.
The commissioners voted unanimously to pass a proposal by developer, Ric Zehr.
The proposal was first brought to the planning commission in 2018 for an 89 lot subdivision and duplexes.
The duplexes failed, but the subdivision passed at the time.
Residents have spoken about their opposition, saying the proposed development was not cohesive with the homes already in the area, and expressing traffic concerns for the Amish community.
An amendment brought to the planning commission proposed expanding that subdivision.
Residents tell FOX 55 it is disappointing, but they have faith their work has not been in vain.
- County commissioners approve development along Schwartz Road
- Subdivision approved for Schwartz Road
- Schwartz Road proposals fail in commissioners meeting
- Residents fight to save Schwartz Road neighborhood from development
- Schwartz Road residents face flooding issues following development debate
- Proposed Schwartz Road development passes in planning commission
- DeKalb County commissioners approve jail improvements
- Board votes in favor of Schwartz Road development, residents continue fight
- County Commissioners announce $1 billion development investment in 2017
- Commissioners approve $4.2 million for east Allen County revival