Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - This mixed-use project is still in the planning stages.
The developer from Indianapolis-based Barrett and Stokely Inc., Rex Barrett, was in Fort Wayne Tuesday to talk with organizers of various festivals and get their feedback on a possible developement, including ways to address parking needs.
"We're going to come up with a plan and we will be meeting up with them periodically. It won't have an impact on this year's festivals, certainly not before the Three Rivers Festival is over and that's if everything goes right. This is very preliminary," Barrett explained.
There is no definite timeline for this project.
The city and the developer are still talking and negotiating.
The city's Redevelopment Director released this statement to FOX 55:
“We are pleased to be in the initial phases of working with Barrett & Stokely to explore the redevelopment of City owned property at the northeast corner of East Superior and South Clinton streets,” said Nancy Townsend, redevelopment director for the City of Fort Wayne. “Barrett & Stokely recognizes that Fort Wayne is a vibrant and thriving community and represents a good investment opportunity for their firm. They have a solid reputation of developing high-quality mixed-use developments throughout the Midwest and we are happy to be working with them to determine the viability of their project.”
If it doesn't work out as planned, Barrett said he'd consider another location.
- Developer looking at plans for Headwaters Park parking lot
- Germanfest returns to Headwaters Park
- Free Labor Day Picnic held at Headwaters Park
- Great ice skating season for Headwaters Park so far
- Headwaters Park ice skating ends for the season
- The Lofts at Headwaters Park are moving forward
- Headwaters Park ice rink opens for 15th season
- Skaters enjoy the ice rink at Headwaters Park opening weekend.
- First Veg'n Brew Fest comes to Headwaters Park
- Headwaters Park ice rink has successful opening weekend