DEKALB COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - A manhunt for a domestic battery suspect came up empty Thursday morning in DeKalb County.
Police were called to the 1300 block of West Quincy Street in Altona around 7:30 a.m. Thursday in reference to a domestic battery.
Officers were told a male suspect left the home on foot toward the railroad tracks. Police set up a perimeter and deployed a K9 unit.
Noble County police also arrived and used drones to search for the suspect.
After about an hour and a half, police called off the search, saying they had exhausted all efforts to locate the man.
The incident is under investigation and charges are expected to be filed against the man, who was not identified or described.
Police did not release a condition of the victim.
- DeKalb County manhunt comes up empty, investigation continues
- UPDATE: Manhunt in DeKalb County ends without anyone in custody
- Dekalb County police investigate two vehicle crash
- Suspect in custody after two county manhunt
- DeKalb County considering CFO regulations
- DeKalb County Jail needs repairs
- DeKalb County creating Veterans Court
- Car Crash in DeKalb County
- Roundabout planned for DeKalb County
- Indiana Conservation Officers investigate possible drowning in DeKalb County