FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Visiting Nurse’s Peggy F. Murphy Community Grief Center will the Day of Remembrance at Parkview Field on Sept. 21 from 2:30-7 p.m.
Mayor Tom Henry has proclaimed Sept. 21 as the Day of Remembrance for the City of Fort Wayne.
The grief center, located at 5920 Homestead Road on the Visiting Nurse campus in Fort Wayne, is open to any adult in the community who has lost a loved one due to death.
"The Day of Remembrance is designed to be a way to honor those who have passed away, to honor their memories, and to support those who have been left behind," Bereavement Coordinator David Wust said. "There is a need to acknowledge and honor the grief of the community over the loss of loved ones due to natural causes, suicides, homicides, overdoses and accidents,
“The Fort Wayne Community has had numerous losses over the years, but no matter the type of loss we all together experience grief,” Wust said. “The Day of Remembrance is a chance for those who go on living to honor and celebrate those ones they have lost but still keep on loving.”
This event free to the public features speakers, vendors and free activities fun.
Attendees will be able to write messages to their departed loved ones, and Parkview Field’s concessions will be available for purchase.
The speakers will begin at 3 p.m.
This event is sponsored by the Peggy F. Murphy Community Grief Center, a service of Visiting Nurse.
Services such as individual and group counseling are provided at no charge.
For more information, you can call (260) 435-3261 or visit www.vnfw.org.
- Day of Remembrance to be held at Parkview Field
- Parkview Huntington expanding
- Parkview opens in Wabash
- Alzheimer's walk at Parkview Field brings out thousands
- Downtown celebrating 10 years of growth with Parkview Field
- Parkview Field recognized as best Class A ballpark
- New downtown development adding historical flair near Parkview Field
- DeKalb Health officially joins Parkview Health, becomes Parkview DeKalb Hospital
- Parkview opening new cancer center
- Parkview announces new medical tower